This past Sunday, I got together with the writers of Devil to Pay, the dark historical pirate LARP, and we prepped all of the writing materials. (A lot of theater LARPers call this “stuffing” the LARP, since a lot of envelopes tend to get stuffed in the process.)
I also prepped some set dressing, namely the iced tea drink dispenser for the pirates to quaff their “rum” from (naturally, what else would pirates drink?) It has to be redone for each run of the LARP, as the brown paper wrapped gets damaged, mostly in storage between runs.
Some of the boxes used for set dressing and carrying props got damaged between runs, too, so I redid a couple.
They’re meant to look like they were taken in raids on East India Company boats. Here’s a secret- the logo is not historical; it’s from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. We figured recognizability was important for creating an atmosphere.
Luckily, I still had the stencil I made from the first time, so it went pretty quickly. Even better, this time I was able to do it outside, which is nice when you’re working with spray glue and spray paint.
And lastly, I worked on one of the prop scrolls for the LARP.
I’ve still got a couple more scrolls to do some time this week.
On top of that, I’ve got just a bit of costuming for The Prince Comes of Age to do. Plus, I’ve gotten an email about NELCO (New England LARP Conference) scheduling and panels, which is super exciting.